Warning-there maybe some spoilers so proceed with caution if you haven't seen the movie yet.
1. It's all about the Benjamins baby!-the movie raked in 12 million dollars on Friday and dethroned the much hyped Hunger Games movie. Overall Think Like A Man made over 30 million dollars in the US over the weekend. That is amazing! Sends a roaring message to Hollywood that a mostly black cast can bring out audiences in throngs.
2. Kevin Hart- The movie's title should be changed from Think Like A Man to the Kevin Hart movie. He was hilarious in the movie and Beyonce'd everyone by stealing every scene he was in. Every time he got on screen I just knew it was going to be good. I love how Kevin pokes fun at his height giving us permission to laugh at him and ultimately with him. When I saw the big reveal in the end with ex-wife I almost couldn't recover from laughing.
3.The Soundtrack - I got a chance to listen to the soundtrack before the movie came out and I loved it. Featuring performances from today's hottest artists (Ne-Yo, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, John Legend) the soundtrack is a perfect compliment to the movie.
1. The relationship between Gabby and her beau- Let me be clear, I thought the script was cute for the movie-not groundbreaking but entertaining nonetheless. My one gripe though was the relationship between Gabby and (because I don't remember his name) we will call him Turtle from Entourage. The interracial couple would have made sense to me, except for the glaring height difference. I wouldn't have even thought twice about it had the producers or directors made it so painstakingly obvious by always putting Gabby in flats. Yes Gabby is taller than Turtle but that doesn't a mean a sista can't wear her stilettos! Wrong move! Ladies own your height. Just cause you date a short man doesn't mean you walk around like a shrinking violet. Wear your heels and stand proud and tall in the height difference between you and your partner.
2. Undeveloped cast members- As you may know the book centers around a group of women reading Steve Harvey's book and when their significant others find out about the book, they try and turn the tables on ladies There was one guy in the male entourage who's story could have used a little more developing. I really didn't understand his purpose (frankly I cant even remember the characters name) for lack of a better description he is the other white guy in the movie. In any event, they did him a huge disservice they should have either developed his story or cut him out.
1. Steve Harvey- No I am not calling Mr Harvey ugly, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I am saying that the movie in my assessment would have been better without the narrative features from Mr Harvey. Can I be honest with you guys? I refused the read the original book penned by Steve Harvey cause I just couldn't fathom taking advice from the comedian. Maybe that's just my hang up but his presence in the movie could have been gladly omitted. But what do I know? I'm sure Steve Harvey is laughing all the way to the bank given the meteoric success of the film.
So overall I give the movie a 3.5 out of 5. To be honest the movie exceeded my expectations (partly thanks to Kevin Hart) so I walked out pleasantly surprised.
Did you go see the movie? What did you think