frenemy? Welp, according to Urban Dictionary a frenemy is an enemy disguised as a friend. Really it's when you pretend to be friends but really you just hate each other. Is this frenemy concept childish and immature? Of course it is! But the truth is regardless of age there are some women that you will meet, and you have a hard time discerning whether they are a friend or foe. If you need help getting to the bottom of things here's a list help to identify and get rid of these toxic friendships.
According to Jenn over at collegecandy here are the top 5 signs that your homegirl is really a frenemy:
1. She’s a master manipulator. They don’t want what’s best for you
2. She’s in constant competition with you. Over guys. Over clothes. Over grades. It doesn’t really matter. What matters is that she is winning and you are losing
3. She’s only around when she needs something. You haven’t heard from her in weeks, but now, suddenly she needs a wing woman for her double date with this really hot guy. Is his friend hot too? Not so much. But that shouldn’t matter. You’re just helping her out. And she’ll return the favor, won’t she? Too bad she didn’t answer your texts/phone calls/bbms/Facebook messages when you needed her.
4. She can compliment you and insult you at the same time. “That top looks great on you, way better than the stuff you normally wear!” “It’s so great, the way you don’t care about the way you look when you leave the house.”
5. She’s never honest. You’ve caught her in a lie more than once. But you’ve never brought it up to her because when you think about confronting her it sounds petty. Really petty. But it didn’t seem petty at the time. Or the time before that.